Transgender Day or Remembrance is Sunday. The Day memorializes our trans brothers and sisters who were killed due to anti-transgender hatred or prejudice.
There are events all over the world commemorating the day; a list of worldwide events appears here.
Attend a nearby event to:
- Raise public awareness of hate crimes against transgender people, an action that current media doesn’t perform.
- Publicly mourn and honor the lives of transgenders who might otherwise be forgotten.
- Express your love and respect for our people in the face of national indifference and hatred.
- Remind non-transgender people that we are their sons, daughters, parents, friends and lovers.
- Give our allies a chance to step forward with us and stand in vigil, memorializing those of us who’ve died by anti-transgender violence.